The Ministry of Health is closely monitoring the novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019) outbreak which continues to expand in many other countries. Bhutan has no cases reported so far. However, the Ministry of Health reiterate and urge the general public:
- To avoid/postpone unnecessary travel to affected countries until the outbreak is officially contained.
- Any travelers entering Bhutan, fulfilling the case definition of a “Suspected case“, will be subjected to COVID-19 test, quarantined for laboratory confirmation and isolated until proven negative
- Any individuals with symptoms like fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties to visit the nearest health centers or call the Health Help Center at 112
- To cooperate with officials at all entry/exit ports at Paro International airport, Samtse, Gelephu, Samdrup Jongkhar and Phuentsholing.
- To refrain from circulating unauthenticated videos/messages through social media without proper verification and also be wary of fake and unauthorized information.