In the wake of the pandemic, the Royal Government of Bhutan discourages travel abroad. However, if your travel is essential and unavoidable, you are required to complete the following formality(s) and email to Mr. Sangay Dorji K. at email@example.com and Ms. Tshechimo at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Please mention the reason(s) for your travel in your email.
- Submit a duly filled-in and signed Undertaking Form if you are travelling for reasons other than studies along with the following documents. Please make sure both the traveler and the witness sign on it. Download Here
- ID copies (Passport/CID/Any identity card) of the traveler and the witness.
- Evidence of employment if you are working.
- If you are a student, submission of above undertaking is waived and copies of the following documents will have to be submitted:
- Valid CID Card/Passport.
- A letter of Admission/enrollment from the university/institution OR Student ID Card.
- Please ensure all of the above documents are submitted via emails mentioned above.
- The Department of Immigration will assess the application and issue a letter acknowledging the completion of necessary formality(s) to undertake your travel abroad via email.
- After completing the above procedures, please register here:
(Please mention departure and tentative return dates. In the address section, mention the address of your destination)
For further information and clarification, please contact Mr. Sangay Dorji k at 02-331787 during office hours.